Policeman Regrets Proposing To Boyfriend At London Gay Pride

A gay police officer regretted his decision to make publicly proposed to his boyfriend last year at London’s Gay Pride, when the video went viral and hateful comments followed, with some people wishing him dead.
Thousands of people present at the Gay pride event including his boyfriend were surprised, when Phil Adlem walked away from his duties, went down on one knee and popped the question. His partner accepted the proposal and they shared a romantic kiss in front of the cheering crowd. Videos of the romantic proposal rapidly went viral online and so did the hate comments.
 
On writing to The Guardian, Phil regretted making the proposal. He stated that the immediate responses were positive and warm but when he went online the vile comments wiped the smile off his face.
He said
“I looked through the online comments from the British public. Most were fantastic. But my smile did not last long as I continued reading.”
He found comments that were downright homophobic and some that were simply too vile to be repeated.
“Both should be hanged till death,” one comment read and another went: “don’t blame ISIS if they strike them”.
Phil is a speaker for an LGBT charity, he also said he was subjected to a homophobic attack on his 18th birthday.
He added:
“Despite all this, I know I am lucky. I am lucky to live in a time when I can join the police service as an openly gay man – and I have previous generations to thank for that. But even among young people in Britain today, my story is far from unique.”
Policeman Regrets Proposing To Boyfriend At London Gay Pride Policeman Regrets Proposing To Boyfriend At London Gay Pride Reviewed by MediaBreakOutNg on July 05, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.