Cardinal Okogie says he once had girlfriends, speaks on being celibate and the temptations



Retired Catholic Archbishop of Lagos and previous President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, in an interview with TOLUWANI ENIOLA explains how he became a Priest and all.
According to him, he had three girlfriends before becoming a priest and then he lost them all. He also says being celibate isn’t a big deal at all. And Yes, he is still a virgin!
Did you have sweethearts as an adolescent?
I had two or three lady friends (giggles). When I got into St. Gregory College in 1951, I never knew anything about sweetheart. Yet, I started to hear individuals discuss it. One of my companions prompted me subsequently, “Why not get one of those young ladies at Holy Child School as a sweetheart.” I conversed with one of them that I enjoyed. I challenged not compose an adoration letter then in view of my mum. My better half revealed to me her birthday. I disclosed to her we would praise it together. I went to meet one of my schoolmates, Adewumi, who has passed on. He stated, “Birthday for your young lady? That will cost you some cash.” By at that point, I was just getting two shillings and six pence so I began sparing. I went to Bombay Store in Idumota where they sold blessings. All you expected to do was to reveal to them the age of the beneficiary and they would mark it for you. I took the present to her on her birthday. She was grinning lavishly. She opened it without asking me. I saw that the grin progressively blurred far from her face. In outrage, she stated, “Tony, is this what your mates give their lady friends?” I was astonished by her dissatisfaction. That was my last dialog with her.
In 1952, I had another sweetheart from Queen’s College, an exceptionally pleasant young lady from a well off home. Whenever we met, I generally went for her tote since she had cash. On a Friday, she stated, “Tony, tomorrow is Saturday. I need us to go some place together.” I said that was the time we did cleaning at home, that I couldn’t make it. That was the manner by which I lost that one. I had another when I was in class three. I revealed to her I would have been a cleric. She was stunned. She stated, “No, you can’t go. Shouldn’t something be said about the whole arrangement I have been making.” When she discovered I was fearless, she stated, “In the event that you turn into a “father,” I will end up being a “mother” as well.” That was the manner by which she cleared out me miserable.
Enlighten us concerning your enticement experiences.
This inquiry of yours is one of my enticements (chuckles). Take a gander at the length ladies go to make their hair look appealing. Some make their hair like an osuka (a heap conveying cushion). It is a misuse of cash settling connections. God gave us eyes; on the off chance that you don’t control them, they will control you. On the off chance that you don’t control your faculties, they will control you. A few ladies came around and began moving their eyeballs to allure me. Some think they are not sufficiently wonderful, so they apply eyelashes and so forth. No lady can lure me with that.
How could you oppose the enticement?
I am neither a holy person nor a heavenly attendant. We are on the whole individuals. I am just saying these are a portion of the things they do to draw and pull in you. Nowadays, a few ladies even approach cushioning their bosoms. This is supreme refuse. When I see some person I appear to like, I search for that part I don’t care for and focus on that. You may think I am taking a gander at you yet I am definitely not. Nobody is a holy person. Just God is blessed. A few people came to me to entice me. One of them stated, “Father, I can’t comprehend my better half. I am feeling chilly.” I basically advised her, “Why not warm your better half on the off chance that you are cool. Say something that will breath life into your better half.” She answered, “Father, you don’t get it.” I asked her, “What do I not get it? At my age, what do I not comprehend?” They utilize all these enticing words. It is difficult (opposing them) on the off chance that you are not by any stretch of the imagination invigorated with supplications. God has been reliable.
How troublesome is it to be abstinent?
It is not troublesome. It resembles taking in air. Train is the key, similar to I said. I would have shared a couple of the frantic endeavors to entice me however I won’t in view of a few reasons. Notwithstanding when I lecture my sermon, they come and test me in Yoruba, E de lo soro mi ni church. Mo gbo leni. (Why did you specify my case while lecturing today?).” It is not all that simple. Yet, once you can take a stand, there is no issue. Whenever a lady comes here, I am watchful. You consider contemplations. It is the point at which you say yes to a specific felt that you have trespassed. Actualising the contemplation is the place the flaws come in.
Cardinal Okogie says he once had girlfriends, speaks on being celibate and the temptations Cardinal Okogie says he once had girlfriends, speaks on being celibate and the temptations Reviewed by MediaBreakOutNg on July 17, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.